In the land of cypress trees and Chianti, a leisurely stroll may not be the fastest way to get around, but it’s certainly the most preferred. On this …
Olive oil tasting, Florence’s Duomo, Basilica of Santa Croce, Chianti Region wine tasting, Monteriggioni walk, Siena, San Gimignano walk, Volterra, ag…
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 2.5 hours daily across uneven terrain, including unpaved paths and cobblestone streets, with some steep hil…
Board your overnight flight to Florence today.
Welcome to Italy! Arrive in Florence and transfer to your hotel in Montecatini to get settled in. Then, gather your fellow travellers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Visit the gorgeous Tuscan town of Lucca, famous for its Renaissance-era city walls, mediaeval churches, and awe-inspiring towers.
• Spend free time to soak in the town’s history
• Make your way to the provincial town of Colle Verde in the Tuscan hills
• Visit an agriturismo, or farm stay, to learn how olive oil is extracted and refined
• Enjoy a tasting of wine and olive oil produced right on the farm
• Sit down for a lunch in the farmhouse to savor more locally made products
Set off on a day trip to Florence, the city at the center of the Renaissance, for a tour led by your local guide.
• Visit the legendary Florence Cathedral, known as the Duomo
• Pass Giotto’s Campanile, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture
• Walk past Piazza della Repubblica to the mediaeval Ponte Vecchio
• Stroll along the Arno River and through the courtyard of the Uffizi Gallery to Piazza della Signoria, center of Florentine life
• Step inside the Basilica of Santa Croce, the burial site of Michelangelo, Machiavelli, and Galileo
Pass through the famous Chianti region and the village of Greve en route to Siena.
• Traverse the vineyards and farmlands of the Chianti region on a local walk
• Sample the area’s rich red wine over an included lunch and wine tasting
• Explore the main square and winding side streets in the village of Greve
Continue on to Siena and sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Today, explore the rolling hills of Monteriggioni and culturally rich streets of Siena.
• Embark on a scenic walk through the woods and countryside of Monteriggioni
• View the Romanesque church of Abbadia Isola
• Enjoy a guided tour of the UNESCO-listed historic center of Siena
• Pass Piazza del Campo
• Enter the Piccolomini Library and Siena Cathedral
Take a day trip to the mediaeval towns of San Gimignano and Volterra, where you’ll do some exploring.
• Enjoy a breathtaking view of the town as you walk into San Gimignano, a mediaeval hilltop city known for its towers
• Embark on an afternoon trip to Volterra, where you can visit the cathedral, Roman Theater ruins or local shops
Venture into the rolling hills of the Chianti region to visit a winery and agriturismo this evening.
• Tour the villa and gardens to learn about wine production surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Tuscan countryside
• Enjoy dinner accompanied by three wine varietals produced on the estate
Enjoy sweeping views of the Tuscan countryside as you enjoy guided walks in both Cortona and Montepulciano.
• Walk downhill from St. Margaret’s Church to explore the town of Cortona
• Transfer to the town of Montepulciano, where you’ll pass the cathedral and enjoy breathtaking views of the Tuscan hills
Sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Explore the scenic Montalcino area and the beautiful town of Pienza, nicknamed “the Pearl of the Renaissance.”
• Walk through the countryside of Montalcino, ending at the Abbey of Sant’Antimo, a Romanesque church surrounded by rolling hills
• Continue to Pienza, where you’ll have free time to see the cathedral and the town’s Gothic churches
Visit a farm and vineyard near Montepulciano this evening. Sample a few of their wines, including the world-famous Vino Nobile, and then sit down for a homemade three-course dinner.
Leave the Montepulciano region for Rome, stopping in the Monte Amiata region on the way to visit the charming town of Abbadia San Salvatore.
This evening, enjoy an elegant, four-course farewell dinner. While you dine, you’ll be treated to some of opera’s best-loved arias sung by professional tenors.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Add 2 nights in Rome
Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Romans during a guided walking tour of the Eternal City.
• Enter the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre of the Roman Empire
• View the Arch of Titus and marvel at the ruins of the Forum, from which the Caesars ruled their vast empire
• Stroll past the Imperial Forums, Trajan’s Column, and Piazza Venezia to see Mussolini’s balcony
• Pass the Theatre of Marcellus and walk through the Jewish ghetto
Tonight, join a local at their home in Rome to enjoy traditional dishes and dine like a true Italian. During this dinner, you’ll receive an authentic understanding of your host’s day-to-day life while getting a new perspective on Italian culture.
Spend a free day in Rome or add an excursion.
Enjoy a farewell drink as you celebrate your trip with your group members tonight.
This guided tour takes you inside the world’s smallest state, Vatican City. Skip the lines upon arrival, turn on your pre-distributed headsets, and immediately begin diving into the Vatican's incredible history with your local guide. First, visit the Vatican Museums, which are over 500 years old and hold many of the world’s most important Classical- and Renaissance-era sculptures. Next, step inside the Sistine Chapel, where you’ll gaze up at what is perhaps Michelangelo’s greatest masterpiece. Finally, pay a visit to the enormous St. Peter’s Basilica, the epicenter of the Roman Catholic faith. The artists who have contributed to its glory are some of the best Italy has ever known, including Bramante, Peruzzi, Raphael, and Michelangelo. Masterpieces await at every turn, from Bernini’s magnificent bronze canopy to Michelangelo’s Pietà. Please note: This excursion is not available on Sundays. Backpacks are not allowed in the Vatican and a dress code of no shorts or sleeveless shirts is enforced.3.5 hours and departure time variesSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 45 days before your tour departs.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy, before flights, and vary by departure date. Select your preferred departure date and departure city to view your tour price with flights and hotel transfers included. Changes or cancellation will result in a fee of up to the total tour price. Last-minute specials are not combinable with any other promotional discount. Promotional discounts not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included. Please contact the airline for more information. Some countries may require aircraft insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. Such countries can be found at grouptoursite.ca/insecticide. To view Go Ahead's complete Terms & Conditions, visit grouptoursite.ca/terms. The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. CST 2060043-20.Terms and conditionsTICO-2395858 | CPBC-73991 | OPC: 702732