Take in all the highlights of Brazil and Argentina, from spicy Rio de Janeiro to elegant Buenos Aires. Between these two cultural hot spots, you’ll ex…
Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer statue, Copacabana beach, Ipanema beach, Iguazú Falls, Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral, Buenos Aires’ La B…
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for at least 2.5 hours daily across uneven terrain, including paved roads, cobblestone streets, and slippery walkways…
Board your overnight flight to Rio de Janeiro today.
Welcome to Brazil! Gather with your fellow travellers at a welcome lunch.
Today, enjoy a cable car ride up Sugarloaf Mountain, then get to know Rio de Janeiro on a guided tour.
• Halfway up the mountain, stop to take in scenic vistas of the Rio Yacht Club and Botafogo Bay
• Continue to the top of the mountain, soaking in panoramic views of the city, beaches, and Atlantic Ocean
• Return to Rio to admire the city’s colonial architecture
• Pass by the National Library, Municipal Theatre, Candelaria Church, and Tiradentes Palace
• Admire the Escadaria Selarón and walk past the Museum of Tomorrow
• Get a backstage look into Carnival culture on visits to a samba school and the barracão, a workshop where artisans craft parade floats and decorations
Try traditional Brazilian barbecue, known as the churrascaria, tonight.
• Enjoy endless skewers of freshly grilled chicken, beef, and more
• Try authentic local side dishes
• Watch a Plataforma folklore show during your dinner
• Listen to how African percussion mixes with samba sounds as dancers perform capoeira and showcase lavish carnival dress in a grand finale parade
Head to the top of Corcovado Mountain for a guided tour of the iconic peak.
• Hop aboard the cogwheel train, taking in the rainforest landscape of Tijuca National Park as you ride up the mountain
• See the iconic Christ the Redeemer, a colossal Art Deco statue atop the summit
• Pass Rio’s white-sand beaches, including Ipanema and Copacabana
Later, board a sailboat at Marina da Glória and set sail on the open waters to see Rio de Janeiro from a new perspective.
• Pass Flamengo Park as you cruise by the Botafogo and Urca neighbourhoods
• Make your way across Guanabara Bay, the second largest in Brazil, to Niterói
• See the white-sand beaches, Fortaleza de Santa Cruz, and the Contemporary Art Museum from the comfort of the boat
• Sail past Fiscal Island and Villegagnon Island, two of the more than 130 islands located in the bay
• Admire views of the Modern Art Museum and snap photos of the skyline
Please note: We recommend dressing accordingly based on the weather and taking the proper precautions if you are prone to seasickness.
Say goodbye to Rio and fly to Brazil’s Argentine border, site of the thundering Iguazú Falls, for a guided tour.
• Drive through Iguazú National Park, a subtropical paradise
• Walk through forested footpaths on the Brazilian side of the falls for panoramic views of the waters
Sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Today, cross the border into Argentina and view Devil’s Throat, the most famous section of Iguazú Falls.
• Take an ecological train through the park
• Walk along a pathway to arrive in front of Devil’s Throat where you can take photos of the incredible waterfall
• Enjoy another train ride to see the upper section of the park, including the San Martín, Dos Hermanas, and Bozzetti falls
Fly to Buenos Aires. Tonight, watch accomplished tangueros, tango dancers, perform their national dance. Accompanied by live music, the elegant performers will transport you to a bygone era. You’ll also enjoy an included dinner of regional specialties and Argentine wine.
Embark on a guided tour of Buenos Aires.
• Drive through the aristocratic Retiro and Recoleta neighbourhoods to visit the grave of Eva Perón, the former First Lady of Argentina
• Make your way past the National Museum of Fine Arts and the beautiful parks and gardens of Palermo
• Drive along 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest street in the world
• Explore Plaza de Mayo, site of the May Revolution in 1810, and enter the neoclassical Metropolitan Cathedral
• Enjoy free time in the La Boca neighbourhood, where the influence of Italian settlers can still be felt today
Head to Argentina’s countryside for a day at a traditional estancia, or ranch, where you’ll get to know the culture of the Pampas.
• Enjoy empanadas, a local specialty, and Argentine wine
• Visit the estancia’s museum and church
• Go for a horseback ride around the property or opt to hop in a small horse-drawn carriage, called a sulky
• Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch along with entertainment
• Experience the folklore of the region through music, dance, and a horse-riding show as gauchos, traditional ranch hands, show off their skills in the centre of the ring, or sortija
Celebrate your trip at a farewell dinner this evening.
If you're not continuing on to Argentinian Patagonia on the tour extension, spend one final day exploring the city at your leisure. This evening, transfer to the airport for your overnight flight home.
Arrive home today.
Add 2 nights in El Calafate
This morning, transfer to the airport to board your flight to El Calafate, located in the heart of Argentinian Patagonia.
Make your way to Los Glaciares National Park today for a close-up look at the growing Perito Moreno Glacier.
• Stop at Lago Argentino to take in the surrounding mountain views, keeping an eye out for the flamingos and condors that call the lake their home (seasonal)
• Enter Los Glaciares National Park and embark on a cruise along the Perito Moreno Glacier face
• Take in views of the glacier from a scenic overlook and enjoy free time to explore the surrounding walking paths
Fly back to Buenos Aires this morning. Then, relax in a dayroom before boarding your flight home tonight.
Arrive home today.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy, before flights, and vary by departure date. Select your preferred departure date and departure city to view your tour price with flights and hotel transfers included. Changes or cancellation will result in a fee of up to the total tour price. Last-minute specials are not combinable with any other promotional discount. Promotional discounts not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included. Please contact the airline for more information. Some countries may require aircraft insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. Such countries can be found at grouptoursite.ca/insecticide. To view Go Ahead's complete Terms & Conditions, visit grouptoursite.ca/terms. The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. CST 2060043-20.Terms and conditionsTICO-2395858 | CPBC-73991 | OPC: 702732